Remote-controlled cars have always fascinated a whole range of people, from youngsters to adult hobbyists who like to buy the latest models of these cars available on the market. The main differentiation between remote-control cars for adults and the common toy cars that are more suitable for kids not only lies in their price range but also in the type of technology used inside them. Some of the models offer upgrades and modifications so that a person can repair or customize his car according to his requirements. As there is a rising trend of remote-controlled car drifting happening these days, lots of people like to modify their existing models or opt for cars that are specially designed for drifting. While opting for a new car, you need to evaluate some of the main features before you make a purchase, including:
- Vehicle performance
- Design features
- Remote features
- Customer support
- Price range
This will allow you to find a perfect match for your requirements. Some of the top-ranking remote-control cars for adults currently available on the market are discussed below. These reviews will help you determine the right model for your needs.
This remote-controlled car comes with two-wheel-drive, which allows it to function exceptionally well in loose and rugged terrain. This mini truck is quite suitable for driving both on the roadside and off-road due to its full suspension, which allows you to have full control while making steep turns and running on rough track. The Traxxas RTR 1/10 Rustler comes in a ready-to-run build, so no assembly is required. A seven-cell battery with charger is also provided with this model so that you can just charge the motor battery, load the remote control, and start driving.
- Titan® 12-Turn 550 modified motor
- Weatherproof electronics for all-weather driving
- XL-5 waterproof speed control with Traxxas high current connector
- Top speed of 35 miles per hour
- TQ 2.4 GHz radio transmitter
- #6519 TQ 3 channel micro receiver
- Magnum 272TM transmission
- Availability of spare parts for modification and upgrading the existing model
- Some of the people who bought this model feel that the 35-mile-per-hour speed of this model needs upgrading
Conclusion: The Traxxas RTR 1/10 Rustler is good truck if you want to participate in stadium truck racing or want to take it off-roading. This truck is quite suitable for both novices and experts due to the availability of the trainer and race modes, which allow you to first get the hang of the machine at a lower speed and then opt for the full-speed race mode when you get better at using the controls.
This product now comes in an updated version that comprises many new features. The manufacturer of the Racing 106149 Sprint 2 Drift has added a new 2.4 GHz radio system along with a new paint job, waterproof electronics, and LiPo-capable electronic speed control. It comes ready to use and you are not required to assemble any parts, allowing you to start drifting the moment you open the box.
- 4 GHz radio system that makes controlling the car very east
- No changing of crystals is required due to automatic-frequency conflict prevention
- TF-40 pistol grip transmitter comes with steering control, throttle control, servo reversing switches, battery indicator, and a third channel for other accessories
- Waterproof receiver box
- SF-10W waterproof steering servo and waterproof SC-15WP speed control
- 2V battery pack with AC wall charger
- This product requires 5000Mah battery to run it for a longer period of time
Conclusion: This product is quite appropriate for the person who has some previous experience in operating R/C cars. The belt system of this model is quite durable, and due to the waterproof components used, it can be easily cleaned.
This is a specialized drifting car that is mostly suited for running on actual roads. When compared to some of the other trucks in this category, the DriftStar is not suited for rough terrain. The price range of this car along with spare-parts availability for upgrading and repairing make it a very good choice for the person with a limited budget. If you want to speed through the streets, then you can opt for this car. The design is an amalgamation of style and drifting capabilities.
- Four wheel drive
- Unique design of the wheels for easy drifting
- Powerful RC 540 motor
- Center long drive shaft made up of anodized aluminum
- Oil-filled aluminum-capped shock absorbers
- SP03018 electric speed control for high precision
- Pre-mounted solid drift tires
- Comes in different colors
- This kit does not come with a battery charger
Conclusion: The DriftStar RTR Drift Car has some issues because of customer support, but overall it is a good remote-controlled car that is specially designed for drifting. The attractive design and its unique features make this car quite suitable for on-road driving.
This is the easiest-to-drift model and comes as a perfect replica of Vaughn Gittin Jr.’s Monster Energy Nitto Tire 2013 Ford Mustang RTR. The HPI Racing 111664 E10 2013 Mustang comes ready to run. This toy car is designed to have realistic looks, and it runs on an electric motor. All that is required of you is to charge the batteries and this monster car is ready for fun.
- Bathtub-type 0.078 battery holder
- Pre-installed 2.4 GHz crystal-free radio
- Specially designed drift tires
- Enclosed drivetrain to keep dust out of the gears
- Large foam bumpers to protect from crash damage
- Strategically engineered chassis and suspension
- SC-15WP speed control with throttle, brakes, and reverse
- Removable upper body
- Saturn 27T 540 motor
- The car has a low-body chassis, which makes bottom out on the seams on rough terrain
Conclusion: This car is designed for hardcore drifters. The high-quality HPI 2.4 GHz radio system provides automatic-frequency conflict prevention, which allows this model to drift in a large group without any conflict from other users’ controls. You will love this model if you have some experience operating R/C cars and are looking to take your experiences to the next level. It’s well worth the cost.
This remote-control car is designed to go over 100mph and is quite suitable for the person with some previous experience in high-speed remote-control cars. The Traxxas XO-1 RC Supercar has the ability to go to from 0-100 miles per hour within five seconds, which makes this model one of the fastest cars in this category. A skill level of 10 is required for driving this car, which means you should have experience using high-powered radio controlled models with extreme speeds and acceleration to ensure your complete enjoyment of this car. The Traxxas XO-1 RC Supercar is a combination of quality and precision, which makes this one of the world’s fastest remote-controlled cars.
- Traxxas Link Wireless module for New Qi 2.4 GHZ radio system
- Super fast speed!
- Castle Creations Mamba Monster Extreme speed control
- New Traxxas Big Block brushless motor
- Cush DriveTM shock absorbers
- Shaft-driven all wheel drive
- Hard anodized GTR shocks
- Traxxas link application for instant feedback
- The Traxxas XO-1 RC Supercar does not come with the batteries needed to run this car, so you must purchase an extra pair to use it
Conclusion: The Traxxas XO-1 RC Supercar is not a toy and this machine is intended for users with more than average experience operating these cars. This model is much bigger and heavier than other models, which make it very realistic to drive. Due to it its ability to reach high speed in few seconds, it should be driven in smooth and open spaces.
For the hardcore speedsters, the Traxxas 64077 XO-1 AWD Supercar is the number-one choice, as it comes ready to run and has the ability to achieve 100mph plus speed in just a few seconds. The Traxxas RTR 1/10 Rustler is quite a good choice if you want to drive your car off-road, and because of the waterproof electronics, you can have trouble-free operations even in inclement conditions. If you like participating in drifting, then the HPI Racing 106149 Sprint 2 is quite suitable for your needs, but remember you need to buy an extra battery for it.