There are so many RCs (Remote Controlled Cars) that are being sold on the market right now. Some are being sold brand new while others are being sold second hand. Since there are so many models and types that are available, making a choice can sometimes be too complicated. In fact, there are some people who would have to consider so many things before they are able to buy. If in case you’re searching for the right electric buggy that you want to purchase for yourself, here are some factors that you have to consider.
- Brand new or second hand – If you’re extremely meticulous, you may be better off purchasing a brand new electric buggy because you might not feel too bad if you are the one who causes the buggy to have a scratch in comparison to receiving a scratched car.
- Price – Depending on the state, the brand and the various modifications that have been done to the buggy, the price may change considerably. Some may be priced too high but there are also others that are priced low.
- Appearance – You may like an electric buggy that you can appreciate because otherwise, why will you pay attention to it?
Now that you know the various factors that you ought to consider so that you can purchase your very own electric buggy, it’s only fitting that you check out the various electric buggies that you can purchase.
- Iron Track Shootout E8XBL 1:8 Scale ARTR 4WD Brushless Buggy (Red)
There are hardened ionized materials that are used for the joints as well as the wheel axles on this buggy. This will help make sure that they will remain strong even when used. The plastic nylon materials used to make the buggy are also very tough. Its price around $306.
- 4 wheel independent suspension system – This will help make sure that the buggy will remain stable especially when being used.
- High quality silicone oils – This will ensure that the buggy will be able to move fast.
- Instant acceleration – No need to warm it up anymore before it can start to accelerate. It can move fast and go about different areas in a fast manner.
- May be hard to control – Since it can sometimes go too fast, there is a chance that you will find it a bit hard to control which can result in the RC crashing into a hard surface.
If you know how to control the buggy well because you have been doing it for a long period of time then you know that you do not have to worry about it crashing when you are using it. Its performance is great and will give you hours of enjoyment.
- ECX EXC04000 Revenge 1:8 4WD Buggy Type E BL: Red/Black: RTR
This is one waterproof buggy that comes with a wide variety of features. This entry level buggy performs well and can teach beginners how to work on their cars so that they can improve tremendously. This comes with a Li-Po battery that can be recharged. It is priced around $360.
- Stock parts are good – Unlike other buggies that would need to have the parts replaced after using for quite some time, the stock parts can hold for a long period of time no matter what your current skills are.
- Waterproof – The fact that it is waterproof means that you can use it even when it’s raining or if you have to pass through some puddles in the process.
- Great power – Unlike other entry level car buggies, this will exceed your expectations when it comes to the power that it can offer.
- Wheels have tendency to fly off – If the wheels have not been adjusted for quite some time or if they have been used for a long period of time, they may get loose and fly off.
As long as you constantly make sure that you are taking good care of this buggy, you can be sure that this is one good car that you can purchase for this price. This may be the option that you are searching for.
- ARRMA AR106001 Typhon 6S BLX 1/8 4WD Speed Buggy RTR Red Speed Buggy
This is one highly reliable car made by ARRMA with great parts that can be used for a long period of time. The fact that it is priced low at $500 with its great features makes it one of the best choices for beginners who would like to learn more on how to drive.
- Waterproofed electronics – You don’t have to worry about making use of this item when it’s raining.
- Tremendous power – You may be surprised at how fast this car can be when you are using it, especially against other buggies.
- Best handling – You can be sure that the handling of this vehicle is great so you can easily make it move around and there are lesser chances that you will slip.
- Expensive – Compared to other items with the same features, this is worth it but if you only want a buggy that you can use for fun, this may be too expensive for you.
If you don’t care much about the price or you truly want to learn how you can drive, this may be the best option for you. Other same level buggies may even cost more than this so it’s worth buying.
- Tekno RC NB48 4WD Nitro Competition Buggy Kit (1/8th Scale)
This is one competition buggy kit wherein the weight distribution and its characteristics are all adjustable. The engine can also be adjusted depending on what the supposed movement is going to be. The aluminum shock bodies will help protect the buggy if in case it gets in contact with another hard surface. This is priced around $580.
- Engine can be mounted – The fact that it can be changed to forward or reverse position makes it easy to maneuver.
- Impeccable upgrades – If in case you would like to improve the current performance of the car, you can make use of the upgrades that will make the vehicle move even better.
- Nice design – If you compare it to other buggies that have the same features, what makes this great is the fact that its design is very easy on the eyes.
- Some parts are not included – In order to improve on the condition and the performance of the vehicle, you may have to purchase extra items.
If you’re into racing and you would like a competition buggy that will give a great performance, this is the most obvious choice. As long as you don’t mind having to purchase extra items in order to make it work, you will not have any regrets at all.
- Serpent Electric 811 Cobra 8th Scale Off Road Buggy RTR
This is an electric powered buggy that is strong enough to be used in any race or even for fun. It comes complete with the items that you may need in order to make it work effectively. Its parts are also fully upgradeable if in case you would like to change the parts and improve on it. This can be purchased for around $530.
- Well built – You can be sure that it can look strong and sturdy the moment that you put it up for racing.
- Easy to upgrade – Want to level this up to a buggy that can be used for racing? This can be easily upgraded with parts that are available.
- Durable – No need to worry about it breaking down when you crash into another RC or when it crashes into another hard surface. It can recover easily.
- Dirt can penetrate near the engine – There is a possibility that when you are using it to race on dirt roads, the dirt can go near the engine. You will be able to clean it, although it may take some hard work.
The fact that this buggy isn’t as expensive as other buggies with the same features makes this the perfect choice.
All of the items that are mentioned above are all promising but there are some cars that stand out. The best one would have to be the Serpent Electric 811 Cobra 8th Scale off Road Buggy RTR because its price as well as its features are perfect. The second best item that can be used is the ARRMA AR106001 Typhon 6S BLX 1/8 4WD Speed Buggy RTR Red Speed Buggy because it’s powerful. Lastly, the third best product is the ECX EXC04000 Revenge 1:8 4WD Buggy Type E BL: Red/Black: RTR because even if it mainly uses stock items, you can already tell how good it is performance wise.
Losi 8IGHT E 3.0 4WD Buggy 1/8th Scale
This is one of the best 1/8th scale electric race buggies you can buy. It comes ready to run or you can purchase the race kit version. You’ll spend more but reviewers who have owned all the top cars report the Losi is the top one they have ever owned.
The parts are better quality resulting in less breakage and more runtime.
The RTR version has AVC (active vehicle control). This along with some non race parts make it a great basher. It does have all of the same geometry as the full race kit. Serious racers will want to buy the race kit version.
Differences between race kit vs ready to run
- hinge pin braces
- chassis (Race kit is lightweight)
- shock towers
- shock caps
Also the race kit will cost about $450 more for top end electronics and tires. Most racers report they are using the RX8 gen2 4030 T8gen2 BL Motor 1900Kv System for the motor and ESC.