Bashing RC mud trucks is a blast. Which one is best? We are digging deep with an in depth look at a list of different trucks until there is just one the best one.
Must have to make the top mudder list
- Four Wheel drive is a must have so we will only be looking at 4WD RC’s
- Waterproof electronics are required since water is muds main ingredient
- Able to take big tires for good ground clearance
The best beginner option will be the Stampede 4WD or a HPI Flux XS. The Traxxas is more common with better local parts support. The HPI is a better value, lightning fast and can take a beating right out of the box.
Best Scale Truck Option Axial SCX-10
If having a realistic scale model is your thing then this will be the one. Custom parts are everywhere for this baby options are almost unlimited. You will need to waterproof the stock electronics or upgrade to a waterproof combo.
The Trail Honcho RTR has a metal frame. The Wraith Ready-to-Run comes with a plastic frame.
Here are some advanced and more expensive trucks
- Trailfinder2 Kit
- Twin Hammers 1.9 Rock Racer
- Tamiya America 1/10 Toyota Bruiser 4WD Truck Kit expensive under 800 for kit
- Losi TEN-T and convert it to brushless using TEN-SCTE parts
All around best option The Slash with big 2.8 tires a body lift kit, and lower gear ratio. New 2.8 Proline Trenchers on a Slash 4X4 turns is into a Stampede with a lower CG and longer wheelbase, plus if you get tired of mudding you can make it into a race truck or truggy with the massive selection of Traxxas parts support locally and online with easy USA shipping .
Parts List for Traxxas upgrades
- Proline Extended Body Mount Kit For Slash 4×4 and Rally (608700)
- 2.8 Proline Trenchers tires
- Lower gear set
Why the Slash. The 4×4 slash with monster truck tires handles differently and has fewer rollovers than the Stampede chassis you can make a few mods and convert into many different types of RC offroad and racing vehicles.