This Senton 6S is the best new release from ARRMA out of their RC vehicles. If you like 1/10th short course trucks you have to check out this RC. This truck will eat the Traxxas Ultimate for breakfast and instantly steals the title away for the best short course truck for bashing.
Preview product highlights
- Good clear instructions, make sure to save these.
- Has speed chart showing battery and gear setups and corresponding speeds
- Comes with a high speed pinion. You will need additional 22 tooth pinion (not included) for 60MPH Speeds
- Unlike other short course trucks the Senton body has a clear rear spoiler which will come in handy with high speeds this truck is capable of.
- Lots of large bumpers and roll cages underneath the body. The rear bumber has a lot of flex to asorb impact.
- This truck is equipped with Arrma’s 1/8th scale electronics, a 180 amp ESC version 2 and 2050 KV motor. The electronics are fully waterproof. For the steering there is a 15 KG steering servo.
- 12 factory body cutouts to prevent the parachute effect common with SCT
This truck is very tough and built well. All shocks and electronics are upgraded 1/8th scale parts. Priced close the the Traxxas Ultimate and will blow it away in speed and quality.
The only cons are the tires. They have a very hard and stiff rubber compound. If you plan to run it on 4S only you may want to remove some weight.
First Unboxing Videos
Arrma Senton 6S 4WD Short Course Truck In Depth Review
The Arrma Senton 6S 4WD Short Course Truck manages to catch the attention of a lot of people. It is a short course truck and it comes with a strong motor to ensure the truck has enough speed. Unlike the other trucks that the company has made, the design of this truck is different, yet it is good given the various features that this truck can provide. Check out this Arrma Senton 6S 4WD Short Course Truck review to learn more about the good, bad, and ideal features this can offer you.
Features of the Arrma Senton 6S 4WD Short Course Truck
Here are some of the features that you may expect to get with this 4WD Short Course Truck:
- Fully waterproof electronics. No need to worry about using this truck when it’s raining or when riding through large puddles, because the electronics are fully waterproof.
- Durable suspension. The suspension will not easily break even if the truck is used on a consistent basis.
- Three geared differentials. This will ensure that the gears can be accessed effortlessly and can be used with ease.
- Battery mount. This can be used to achieve perfect balance.
- New roll cage and tower design. The design is changed to ensure that it will be able to handle various problems that might appear in the long run.
- Motor accessed easily. Changing the motor can be achieved easily and it will not require much trouble in having to go through all the wires.
- Aluminum chassis. This is to ensure that any shocks received by the truck from the outside will not impact the interior. This will also serve as protection for the rest of the parts of the truck.
- Easy to tune. The suspension, as well as the other parts of the vehicle, can be easily adjusted depending on the type of performance that you would like it to give.
- Side impact bumpers. Any bumps that are felt along the way will be absorbed by the side impact bumpers.
Pros of Using the Arrma Senton 6S 4WD Short Course Truck
- Comes with oil filled aluminum shocks. This means that it will be easy for you to use and it can be used on any terrain. It will also allow you to race with other trucks.
- Durable arms. No need to worry about the various parts of this truck breaking down in the middle of the race because these parts are made to last for a long period of time.
- Fully adjustable. If there are some adjustments that you have to make with regards to the camber and the ride height of the truck, you can achieve this easily. You can also adjust and tune the suspension. You can make sure that weight distribution is okay as well.
- Side impact bumpers. These can add an extra layer of protection and reinforce the truck.
- Large bumpers and roll cages. Same with the side bumpers, these large bumpers and roll cages will make sure that the truck is fully protected, especially when using it on uneven terrain.
- Speed. This is a fast truck that can run for about 60mph provided that you use pinions to increase its current speed. The pinions will also allow for a quicker transition between gears.
Cons of Using Arrma Senton 6S 4WD Short Course Truck
- Need to purchase other items. Although most of the items that you need will already be included when you buy the truck, there are some add-ons that you have to purchase separately to ensure optimal performance.
- Tires. The tires of the truck are very hard and are made with a compound that is not the same as used with other trucks. This can make the truck heavier than usual, therefore affecting your speed.
Now that you already know the pros and cons of this truck, you would have to consider how you are going to use it.
This truck is actually very good given the fact that it is new and it has been improved in order to be used, not only by beginners, but also by people who are naturally interested in RC truck racing. It has a lot of good points especially when it comes to its overall body protection. You can be sure that this is one truck that can withstand a lot of knocks and crashes along the way.
The fact that it is also highly adjustable makes it great too because you can tune it depending on your requirements for a particular competition or if you just want it to feel good when you are using it. It can be a bit problematic though if you expect it to be superfast, since it would need additional items before it can go as fast as you need it to go. There are batteries that would need to be changed to improve its overall capabilities. Overall, it is a good truck to have for beginners and even novices, since it is fairly easy to use. It earns 4 stars out of a possible 5.
One product that can be compared with this truck is the HPI Racing 101850. Like the Arrma Senton truck, this also has a durable and brushless motor. It also has an aluminum chassis, but unlike the Arrma Senton, it does not have enough protection against bumps and crashes. It would also need some changes when it comes to the overall usage of the battery because it may not be as fast as people would expect it to be. The Arrma Senton costs about $520.00, while the HPI Racing is $700. The performance of the two trucks are almost equivalent, provided that there are some changes that can be made but you can save a lot more and get great value for your money with the Arrma Senton 6S 4WD Short Course Truck.