We’ve put together an honest thorough review on the best 1/8th scale buggy in 2015 so far. If you are in the market for a lightning fast and fun RC car..
>>Click here for more info on Amazon
In the box what’s included with this RC car?
Complete car with 180 amp ESC and 2200KV motor capable of running 6S Lipo Batteries. Aluminum capped adjustable shocks mounted on a 3mm chassis. It comes with nice quality tool kit which is great for beginners who may not have all of the tools needed to remove the wheels and make adjustments.
Nice high quality remote control with semi transparent door. Indicators lights are visible when door is closed. The wheel has nice throws.
Comes with high speed pinion gear to make it faster on 4s, you’ll want to swap this in and remove the installed pinion gear if you are not going to run 6S.
Good manual and it comes with a speed chart. The chart outlines what setup you’ll need to achieve certain speed thresholds.
You’ll need to purchase an 18 tooth pinion gear to get it to 60 MPH. It’s kind of a bummer they do not include this since the speed claim is printed on the box
With a 19 tooth pinion you can get to 67 MPH.
Make ARRMA Typhon Faster
- Stock rims are good and they look cool too.
- Arrama is covering the ESC if it fails under warranty with a better version esc. This should go away with newer cars.
- Good steering servo. Best ready to run steering servo.
- Excellent quality brushless motor 2200KV.
- Shocks are excellent. Highly adjustable, no leaks or damage after running hard.
- Suspension setup is first class for general purpose bashing.
- Body is durable and holds up well to extreme punishment.
- This is one of the best looking RC buggies on the market.
- Price this is a great price and only 1/2 of what some competing RC’s cost.
- Speed Claim. The car should come with pinion gear to make it go 60 MPH since the claim is printed on the box.
- Stock tires struggle in grass and loose gravel. You will likely want to upgrade to some better tires based on what terrain you’ll be running it.
- Soft packs can slide out when running hard. Front wall of battery tray can break allowing the batteries to push through if you really bash the car hard.
- Ball ends on the front A arms can break with a really hard crash.
Stock esc’s have been know to fail on this car and the Kryton. Newer versions are have upgraded ESC’s
With any ready to run RC we buy there are some things that may break or need to be upgraded. The pros definitely outweigh the cons with this buggy, it’s on our best buy list.
What’s needed to get up and running in addition to what’s in the box.
You will need batteries and a charger. Otherwise it ready to run after unboxing.
This is rated one of the best RC’s of 2014 based on the expert reviews so you will not be disappointed if you decide to order one for yourself.
Factory stock Parts support is good online. Aftermarket parts are expected to be produced as ARMA releases a wider variety of cars that share parts and become more popular.
Can run 6s for under $430. Makes this buggy a top choice for budget high performance.